Saturday, December 10, 2011

growth as a writer


For the most part, I cannot say that my writing process, our how I write best has changed much at all, except for a few changes. Yes, I think I have developed as a writer, but how I write is just how I feel comfortable when I need to put words down on the paper. I still enjoy that soothing song in the background allowing me to be less tense and start writing.
            Here are the things that have definitely changed about my writing process and writing in general. For one, I used to occasionally outline. Maybe if I had time or if the teacher required it, then I would go through the process setting up my essay before actually writing it. Now, required or not I don’t let myself debate it, I need to write an outline, its an easy way to gauge your thoughts and let you get your focus straight. By doing so, you can only make your argument stronger.
            Another part of my writing that I feel stronger with is, is being able to identify my weak points. I think this improvement came with reading, proofreading and editing my classmate’s work. Not only does it allow you to help out other people’s weak points but also it can help you with your own work by giving you new ideas. At the beginning of the term when given a task to write a description paper I couldn’t do it, I obviously knew what it was. I just had nowhere to start. Now, I know where I need description and where I need analysis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment