Friday, October 7, 2011

Reverse Cronology


Finally, I’ve made it. The day’s travels are over and I can now sit back relax, and catch up with one of my oldest friends. Amazing, in how just over a month you realize how things can change. As I got off of the subway and saw him it seemed as if I had never said goodbye.
Getting on that subway to come see him was a task in itself. I’d never been to Chicago, and even in new york I rarely used the subway system. Who am I supposed pay? Where do I buy my ticket? Was I supposed to sit next to the elderly man or young woman? But before that I had to get on the train. These stations are nothing like I’m used to. I thought I was supposed to buy the tickets before I get on. Was I going to have to pay extra now?
Before I got to the train, I had to deal with the task of getting my way to Chicago from Ann Arbor. By chance, my randomly selected roommate was from Chicago and was going home this weekend. But would the drive be awkward? I didn’t know his friends and they didn’t know me. I spent my time sleeping and laughing awkwardly at the inside jokes I was not apart of,  passing time looking out the dirty window thinking about what it would be like to visit my best friend in his new home. Before the trip I had lunch with my roommate and his friends, this gave me a taste of what the trip would be like, they were nice, but I just didn’t know them, I could tell I was just a bit different from them. Waking up to get ready to leave was nice, refreshed from a nice sleep and excited for the days traveled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment